Re: Oracle 9i RAC with HACMP

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 12:15:43 -0500

Wow, that's really going back. I don't really know, but I would guess that HACMP is supposed to restart the instance but not the listener.

I don't have experience with 9i on AIX, but on Linux and Windows Oracle provided a bare-bones cluster framework. My understanding was that they relied mainly on HACMP for AIX. If my memory serves me well, the 9i linux clusterware did restart the instance but did not restart the listener - hence my guess. But you probably know more than I do about this. :) I'm sure there are others lurking on the list who are still maintaining 9iRAC/AIX systems... hopefully you'll get a good answer!

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Schneider
Pythian Consulting Group