Re: OAS report server sometimes does not create reports

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:39:41 -0700 (PDT)

Resend:

Indeed, the PL/SQL engine can be in Oracle forms or reports. I wish it offered something equivalent to dba_* and v$* views, an easy way to monitor its working mechanism.

For now, I'll write a cron job (in addition to another one that creates a dummy report) to run strace on all report server processes. If the output has strings like ORA-4020 or deadlock, it emails me.

Yong Huang