Re: Dataguard and import

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 15:33:05 +0100

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Storey, Robert (DCSO) <RStorey_at_dcso.nashville.org> wrote:
> I have a 9i production system that is using Dataguard (one physical ,one standby).
> If I do a full export, and then a full import into a 11g system, will the dataguard information still be there? Will it interfere with trying to setup a new dataguard environment with Grid?

DataGuard configuration is a mixture of instance parameters and database settings (like flashback or availability mode) for physical standby
plus some dictionary information for logical standby. There are also config files for DataGuard Broker.

After import into 11g you will need to setup DataGuard again.

regards,

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com