Re: Performance tuning of a system

From: Stefano Cislaghi <s.cislaghi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 16:00:22 +0200

On 4 September 2012 15:45, rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Granted the tracing method is most detailed/complete but this method
> will be quick, involve less resources and once you get a good picture,
> then you can drill into it using 10046. Of course I am also assuming
> you are licensed for A[SH/WR/DDM] suitably. If vendor app uses all
> three columns using dbms_application_info, then Chris has given you a
> solution already. You should note that ASH/AWR will give you the heavy
> hitters first .. the 10046 will give you everything minus the kitchen
> sink.

Hi,

so I have discarded to use a logon trigger to trace event 10046, I agree it is too I/O consuming. AWR should do the same (I have PERF+TUNING licence).
Actually my snapshot is every 15min. Now I have to dig more in the use of AWR. I already know awr standard reports but probably there is no a direct way to have a report of all queries done by user APP1 or issed by program MYAPP.EXE in last 24hrs (ok between snap_id 18 and 25 for instance). I think that this infos must be retrieved manually by WRH$_ views.

Ste