Re: password going to expire

From: Ryan January <rjjanuary_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 10:49:24 -0500

Have you verified that "user1" is assigned the profile that you modified?

Modifying the profile on my 11.2 test environment (11.2.0.3.3) appears to function as expected.

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, Real Application Clusters, Automatic Storage Management, OLAP,
Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> create profile testprof1 limit PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME 1;

Profile created.

SQL> create user testuser1 identified by password1 profile testprof1;

User created.

SQL> select username, profile from dba_users where username = 'TESTUSER1';

USERNAME PROFILE

TESTUSER1               TESTPROF1

SQL> select username, expiry_date from dba_users where username = 'TESTUSER1'; USERNAME EXPIRY_DATE

------------------------------ ------------------
TESTUSER1               05-SEP-12

SQL> alter profile testprof1 limit PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME unlimited;

Profile altered.

SQL> select username, expiry_date from dba_users where username = 'TESTUSER1'; USERNAME EXPIRY_DATE

------------------------------ ------------------
TESTUSER1 SQL> alter profile testprof1 limit PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME 2;

Profile altered.

SQL> select username, expiry_date from dba_users where username = 'TESTUSER1'; USERNAME EXPIRY_DATE

------------------------------ ------------------
TESTUSER1               06-SEP-12

On 09/04/2012 10:28 AM, dba1 mcc wrote:
> We have ORACLE database on ORACLE 11.2.0.3 when I use "sqlplus" login and get warning:
>
> Enter user-name: user1
> Enter password:
> ERROR:
> ORA-28002: the password will expire within 1 days
>

> I double check password_life_time set to 180 (default). I change it to unlimited.
>
> SQL> alter profile default limit PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME unlimited;
>
> I still get same warning:
>
> Enter user-name: user1
> Enter password:
> ERROR:
> ORA-28002: the password will expire within 1 days
>

> Anyone know why?

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.