RE: Fragmentation with restore multiple channels

From: Kenneth Naim <kennethnaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 06:38:38 -0400

Rman just allocates the number of datafiles by the number of datafiles so it you have 120 files and 6 channels, each channel would eventually backup 20 files so no fragmentation is possible with a full backup. With an incremental or differential backup there could be some validity in theory but I agree with Tim Gorman that it is just a tuning exercise and most likely will show another cause but only after conclusive proof would I point to RMAN as the cause.

Ken