RE: Unrecoverable transactions in 11G R2

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 08:23:46 -0700

This is a guess. Did your pre-upgrade check list indicate that you had materialized views which had not finished refreshing. These could even be views that failed to refresh years ago. I'm not sure what happens if you proceed with the upgrade without taking care of them. However, unrecoverable transaction errors seem apt.

Ian MacGregor
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Beckstrom [JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org] Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:40 AM
To: oracle-l-freelists; oracle-db-l
Subject: Unrecoverable transactions in 11G R2

Yesterday, we upgraded one of our Oracle EBS DEV databases to Oracle 11G R2. This morning we received an email alert that around 10:30 p.m. last night, about a dozen and a half tablespaces had an unrecoverable transaction. Is there some new Oracle scheduled job that rebuilds objects automatically? Our system was STILL DOWN for the upgrade so all EBS processes were down and users locked out. The only thing left has to be an Oracle supplied process that caused it.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Information Systems
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 28 2012 - 10:23:46 CDT

Original text of this message