Re: Database upgrade for big database

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 18:40:45 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Steve.

 From: Steve Harville <steve.harville_at_gmail.com> To: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> Cc: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: Database upgrade for big database

Here is the command I used on the new server: nohup impdp system/secret NETWORK_LINK=olddb FULL=y  PARALLEL% &

Then you can run this to see which parallel process is importing which table:

Impdp system attach

Import> status

Import> parallel0 << this will increase the parallel processes if you want

I had created all the datafiles in the new database and created a db link named olddb beforehand. The servers were on the same local area network and the network was the bottleneck.

Steve Harville

http://SteveHarville.com