Oracle DOTNET Providers

From: Causey, Bob <BCausey_at_Logility.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:10:28 -0400

We use the Oracle DOTNET providers for Windows. We have found that we can run only for the version we compiled against and not a later one. For example if we compile our web system using the Windows Assembly Oracle.DataAccess 2.112.2.0 for 11.2.0.2 and then upgrade to 11.2.0.3 with Oracle.DataAccess 2.112.3.0 our code fails.

We are about sure this has to do with the way we compile our web system. We also use Pro*COBOL and do not have this problem as long as we stay within the 11.2 release boundary.

Is this the case with DOTNET Providers and if so how do we address it within a compile of our web code?

Any links or code samples would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Causey

Database Administrator