Re: ODA and HCC - current state

From: louis liu <ylouis83_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:33:46 +0800

Usage of ZFS Storage Appliance will make Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC) available for ODA customers. HCC is the technology that originally appeared with Exadata only but has recently become available to Oracle Database customers using ZFSSA and Pillar as the database storage. HCC is actually free with Oracle Database Enterprise Edition — no additional database options and no additional ZFSSA options are required. However, HCC does require Oracle Database version 11.2.0.3 ..

REF:
http://www.pythian.com/news/31725/oracle-database-appliance-storage-expansion-with-nfs-dnfs-hcc/

2012/8/26 GG <grzegorzof_at_interia.pl>

> Hi,
> just want to update my knowledge about ODA and HCC option .
> We are getting 4TB usable storage (3 way mirror) without HCC with ODA.
> HCC is available only when You are using externally connected via dNFS
> Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance , right ?
> Looks like a major drawback to me , could You confirm ?
> Any rumors about HCC 'inside' ODA ?
> Regards
> GregG

Phone: +86 13918046970