Re: quick question about capturing connect string on the server

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 09:30:43 -0700 (PDT)

> does Oracle capture a connect
> string anywhere that a client uses to connect with? A JDBC connect string
> specifically. I was thinking it would be in the listener log file if
> anywhere but I didn't see it exactly.

I did some research on this. But the answer is No. Most of our clients use OID (Oracle LDAP), even when they use JDBC. I remember a few years ago we enabled some logging in OID to see what client uses a specific connect identifier. The info is on the OID server, not DB server. On the database, at most you can capture client side program, process ID (not for JDBC thin), Oracle client version (11g only).

Yong Huang