Re: Revoking grants to public

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:20:36 -0400

You might want to create an empty database and compare that database's grants to public with your database's. That will show at least what should remain granted.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Information Systems
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
>>> "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com> 8/24/12 12:15 PM >>> Howdy WGB,

> I'm in the process of locking down our databases and I noticed that all of
> our databases have grants to public on almost all of the tables in the
> database including the sys and system tables. I think I know the answer
> but I'm hoping for confirmation that I can revoke the grants to public
> without affecting the database (I have granted access via roles to the
> user accounts)

Be careful with that. MOS 247093.1 says so, anyway. Search on MOS for "revoke public" (sans quotes) and you'll find a whole lotta articles on the topic.

GL!

Rich