Re: ASM of any significant value when switching to Direct NFS / NetApp / non-RAC?

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:02:18 -0300

Yup, based on ambition. After all, they 've picked up 1 company per month, every month, for the past 10 years. Narrows the opportunities, and leaves the larger fish as the primary remaining food source.

As for MSSQL, with it's current rate of churning out new enterprise-oriented environments (eg: Windows 8 using Metro), I'm not sure how much longer Oracle will have to wait to get Microsoft at a reasonably good price.

;-)