Re: ASM of any significant value when switching to Direct NFS /

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:28:49 +1000

bill thater wrote,on my timestamp of 23/08/2012 10:08 PM:

> Not comment? Who are you and what have you done with Noon's?,:]

:)
Good to hear again from you, Shrek.

Well, what can I say? 5 years of every single sales rep and "con-sultant" in the joint telling my managers I'm a "bad dba1.0" because I care my employer gets true bang for buck and doesn't waste time and moolah in install-fests? Wonders will never cease...

This is not to say that ASM doesn't have a place - before I get any hate mail! It does so. Just not with us - at the moment. I'd love to be playing with all the bells and whistles, like any other geek. But first and foremost is my employer: they pay me. Not Oracle.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto