CATPROC not valid error during DB creation

From: Steve Wales <sjwales_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:53:05 -0600

Hi,

Here's the Environment before I forget:

Oracle 11.2.0.3
Oracle Linux
output from uname -r: 2.6.39-200.29.2.el6uek.x86_64

On a recently created Linux box, installed 11.2.0.3 today (OUI says no patches were available for download from MOS, so it's fully patched).

Running DBCA to create a database and get this:

ORA-13516: AWR Operation failed: CATPROC not valid
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SWRF_INTERNAL", line 206
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SWRF_INTERNAL", line 239
ORA-06512: at line 1

Checking the database, after the install completed, CATPROC is valid so I guess whatever the problem was got corrected by the end of the install.

My question is, is there any way to tell what dbca was doing when it hit the error and is there something I need to correct ?

Doing a little more of a search is making me believe that I need to turn off AWR since it's not licensed but appears to be turned on by default during the install (and since it says that an AWR Operation failed in the message I guess it's a good bet it's an AWR thing).

Is Mike Ault's blog entry
(http://www.toadworld.com/Blogs/tabid/67/EntryId/207/Landmines.aspx) all I need to do to clear any concerns (the disabling awr part).

Relatively new with 11g, since my main area of focus the last couple of years has maintaining of a group of SQL Server databases and (thankfully) getting more and more back into the land of Oracle and finding out the new things as I barrel over them.

Thanks
Steve