Re: Table use investigation

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 17:31:36 +0000

Anthony,

I guess that's what you get with a 5-yr-old running EBS R12, eh? :-)

Looking within another production EBS R12.1.1 database at the same standard table, I see...

SQL> select owner, name, type, referenced_owner, referenced_type   2 from dba_dependencies
  3 where referenced_name = 'QP_PREQ_LINE_ATTRS_TMP_T';

OWNER        NAME                           TYPE              REFERENCED_O REFERENCED_TYPE

------------ ------------------------------ ----------------- ------------ -----------------
APPS QP_PREQ_LINE_ATTRS_TMP_T SYNONYM QP TABLE APPS OZF_ORDER_PRICE_PVT PACKAGE BODY APPS SYNONYM APPS QP_PREQ_LINE_ATTRS_TMP VIEW APPS SYNONYM APPS QP_NPREQ_LINE_ATTRS_TMP VIEW APPS SYNONYM ARCHIVE QP_PREQ_LINE_ATTRS_TMP_T SYNONYM APPS SYNONYM MERGE QP_PREQ_LINE_ATTRS_TMP_T SYNONYM APPS SYNONYM

6 rows selected.

No triggers.

I'll bet someone created that trigger to populate the "mystery" table as custom-objects on the "seeded" standard Oracle global temporary table, probably for tuning/debugging/troubleshooting purposes (i.e. capturing actual data values stored in the GTT, etc), and it sounds like it can be an enormous problem.

I think you need to find out why that trigger is there, if it is indeed a "valid" custom object, and if it isn't, then disable it immediately.

Auditing the usage of the QP_PREQ_LINE_ATTRS_TMP_T table is not going to help, because pretty much everybody with pricing responsibility is causing that trigger to fire. It might be useful to audit all SELECT operations from the "mystery" table, but if I'm right, and someone was using it to gather data values for tuning a query using the QP_PREQ_LINE_ATTRS_TMP_T table, and they forgot to clean up after they were done, then you won't find any SELECTs on table, as they were gone 186m rows ago.

Either way, check to see if "mystery" table is a valid customization, and if not, disable or drop that trigger as soon as possible.

...and don't let any more 5-yr-olds on to your EBS R12 system...

Hope this helps...

Tim Gorman
consultant => Evergreen Database Technologies, Inc. postal => PO Box 352151, Westminster CO 80035 email => Tim_at_EvDBT.com
mobile => +1-303-885-4526
fax => +1-303-484-3608
Lost Data? => http://www.ora600.be/ for info about DUDE...