RE: Tnsnames mystery

From: Storey, Robert (DCSO) <"Storey,>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:03:49 +0000

No, there was no system environment variable. That would have also been displayed using the SET command. Also, no Oracle_home was set.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:10 PM
To: RStorey_at_DCSO.nashville.org; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Tnsnames mystery

Robert,
Did you check the PATH environmental? Did it have the network drive in the path?

ORACLE_HOME does not need to be set.
TNS_ADMIN is an environmental variable.

Right-click "my computer"/properties/advanced/Environmental variables

HTH Tom

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Norman Dunbar Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:16 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Tnsnames mystery

Hi Robert,

On 21/08/12 16:04, Storey, Robert (DCSO) wrote:
> Sorry.. Windows XP.
> Names.Directory_path= (TNSNAMES)
>
> TNS_ADMIN is not set. Using the SET command did not show it in the list of variables.

Check the registry settings for the oracle home in use. It is possible that there is a setting there, and if so, it will not show up when you use SET.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar