Re: Tnsnames mystery

From: David Roberts <big.dave.roberts_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 11:50:20 +0100

I'd check the Oracle home first either using the Oracle Home Selector or Oracle locator express: http://www.dbmotive.com/oracle_home_selector.php These should indicate where in the registry Oracle is reading it's settings.

Process monitor should also indicate where tnsping is looking in the registry.

I would also check that you don't have multiple copies of tnsping on your PC as different versions are likely to look in different places for the configuration information.

The fact that no path information is displayed could be an indicator that you are running an older version of tnsping?

Dave