RE: Tnsnames mystery

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <"Mercadante,>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:10:13 -0400

Did you check the PATH environmental? Did it have the network drive in the path?

ORACLE_HOME does not need to be set.
TNS_ADMIN is an environmental variable.

Right-click "my computer"/properties/advanced/Environmental variables

From:<> [] On Behalf Of Norman Dunbar Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:16 AM
To:<> Subject: Re: Tnsnames mystery

Hi Robert,

On 21/08/12 16:04, Storey, Robert (DCSO) wrote:
> Sorry.. Windows XP.
> Names.Directory_path= (TNSNAMES)
> TNS_ADMIN is not set. Using the SET command did not show it in the list of variables.

Check the registry settings for the oracle home in use. It is possible that there is a setting there, and if so, it will not show up when you use SET.

Norman Dunbar
Dunbar IT Consultants Ltd

Registered address:
Thorpe House