RE: Tnsnames mystery

From: Storey, Robert (DCSO) <"Storey,>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:12:20 +0000

Mystery part 1 solved, mystery part 2 now. Using Procmon (thanks Rich) and Process Explorer (thank you Srabjit) I determined that the TNSPING was going out to one of her network drives to obtain tnsnames.ora file. I deleted that file and then tnsping read the tnsnames.ora file located in the oracle_home/network/admin folder.

So, mystery part 2. Where would oracle maintain that setting to go to that location? Especially after a complete wipe of the Oracle key from local_machine.