RE: Tnsnames mystery

From: Storey, Robert (DCSO) <"Storey,>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:14:18 +0000

Did a ipconfig /flushdns successful flush but still have the issue The Tnsnames file I created has a single bogus entry in it, but tnsping is finding all the old entires from a previous older file.

From: Rick Weiss [mailto:rweiss_at_safmt.org] Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:09 AM
To: Storey, Robert (DCSO)
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Tnsnames mystery

Robert:

Since the client is windows, I have run into the same thing and found that doing FLUSH_DNS_CACHE to clear up the problem.

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Storey, Robert (DCSO) <RStorey_at_dcso.nashville.org<mailto:RStorey_at_dcso.nashville.org>> wrote: Okay, I'm stumped. I wiped oracle off a client machine and reinstalled the 10g client. I copied over a fresh copy of a tnsnames.ora file that has all our client services with their new IP's. However, when I tnsping one of the services, I am getting IP address that were in the OLD tnsnames file. I did a file search on the machine and found no additional copies (other than the sample directory) of the tnsnames.ora file.

Where would it be getting the OLD service information from? I searched the registry and did not find it. The Tnsping file shows that it is going to the correct sql home.

Thanks
Bob

Richard W Weiss
Oracle DBA

Student Assistance Foundation
2500 Broadway
Helena, MT 59601
(406) 495-7356
rweiss_at_safmt.org<mailto:rweiss_at_safmt.org>

This email and any files transmitted with may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. This message may contain confidential information and the contents of this email are strictly prohibited from being disseminated, distributed, printed or copied.

http://www.safmt.org

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Aug 21 2012 - 10:14:18 CDT

Original text of this message