Tnsnames mystery

From: Storey, Robert (DCSO) <"Storey,>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:49:14 +0000

Okay, I'm stumped. I wiped oracle off a client machine and reinstalled the 10g client. I copied over a fresh copy of a tnsnames.ora file that has all our client services with their new IP's. However, when I tnsping one of the services, I am getting IP address that were in the OLD tnsnames file. I did a file search on the machine and found no additional copies (other than the sample directory) of the tnsnames.ora file.

Where would it be getting the OLD service information from? I searched the registry and did not find it. The Tnsping file shows that it is going to the correct sql home.

Thanks
Bob