User Management Tools Query

From: Ethan Post <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:13:57 -0500

Would like to know what you are using to manage user accounts and permissions given a bunch of users and a bunch of databases? How do you... Ensure user account X has roles/permissions N in databases like HCM*

Ensuring you can "account" for every account? i.e exception reporting...database X contains account Z and I you have no idea how that got there?

Grant user a permission in a set of databases for a limited time and auto revoke?

Producing consolidated audit reports, user X did such and such in databases X, Y, Z?

Quickly generating outputs for auditors. They all seem to supply me with their own scripts of varying quality, mostly poor.

Just wondering if there are any client based tools out there which handle this easily and the cost without having to install app servers, web servers, oracle homes and so on.

Thanks for you time in advance if you choose to share. I might like to write a tool which does much of the above but only if there are no other good cheap solutions which work well out there.