Recovery Manager

From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill_at_intactus.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:32:26 -0400

Oracle: 11.2.0.3.0
RH 5
Oracle Data Guard with primary and logical standby on separate servers

Previously our configuration was a primary database and a physical standby on separate servers. Now we have converted the physical standby into a logical standby. I was using the physical standby for backups (RMAN)...can I use the logical standby for backups? Are there any considerations during backup/recovery? If there are any good white papers can someone provide the document id - I was searching metalink but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance
Bill--
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Aug 15 2012 - 09:32:26 CDT

Original text of this message