RE: Data Guard monitoring with Cloud Control 12c

From: Ramadoss, Karthik <Karthik.Ramadoss_at_accidentfund.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:22:17 +0000

I guess I needed some coffee this morning! I was starting to scratch my head as to what I did with all the Oracle provided templates. And there it is a checkbox to 'Display..'. :)

Thanks for your input everyone!

Karthik

From: Niall Litchfield [mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 1:57 AM To: jack_at_vanzanen.com
Cc: Fuad Arshad; Ramadoss, Karthik; oracle-l Subject: Re: Data Guard monitoring with Cloud Control 12c

If I understand Karthik correctly, the metrics aren't there because they were removed via the templating functionality, I'd have thought the obvious workaround would be to apply an Oracle provided template to a dev target, modify that target's metric config and generate a new template which can then be applied to the estate. As an aside when I was consulting I often had people wishing to remove metrics when really the need was not to have alerts fire or be notified of the related alerts. It always seemed to me that you might later discover a use for a metric and its history that you didn't envisage at install time. Of course it didn't help (streams and health check I'm looking at you) when a buggy metric collection resulted in noticeable db load. On Aug 8, 2012 1:06 AM, "Jack van Zanen" <jack_at_vanzanen.com<mailto:jack_at_vanzanen.com>> wrote: Hi,

When you go to oracle Database --> Monitoring --> Metric and Collection Settings

It defaults to the "Metrics with thresholds" view Select the "All metrics" view

Your dataguard settings are there.

Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation