Question about building physical standby from hot backup

From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:46:53 +0000

Hello,
We run Data guard in one of our 11.2.0.2 environments and had to fail over to the physical standby today. We are going to need to rebuild the old primary server from scratch and setup Data guard again.

I had a question about using a hot backup to setup the new physical standby. Do you copy the redo log files over if you use a hot backup to create the physical standby, or will the redo log files get recreated if/when we ever switch over to it (after it syncs up of course)?

Thanks in advance

Mike