Re: RAC Basics

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 10:11:48 -0600

Andrew,
Oracle University offers the only basic courses I can think of, but the best RAC training I can imagine would come from Riyaj Shamsudeen of OraInternals...

    http://www.orainternals.com/services/training/advanced-rac-training/

I know it says "advanced" not "basic", but Riyaj has said that the course builds solid foundations and so takes the student to the advanced level. Since the complexity of RAC prevents any possibility of effective management by rote learning, solid foundations sounds like a good idea.

For the record, I have no connection with Riyaj except a profound respect for his detailed, carefully-considered responses on email forums and having met him and his terrific family once or twice, and membership in the Oak Table network. Take a peek at his "OraInternals" blog if you need substantiation for the "detailed, carefully-considered" description. :-)

Hope this helps...

-Tim