Re: emcli

From: Robert Hanuschke <robert.hanuschke_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:08:04 +0200

Hi Gerry,
a note on the redundancy part:

It is not redundant. The emcli does in no way use any of the rdbms binaries, let alone anything inside the database itself. You can install an emcli on any computer in your network and use it to create a blackout on a database that runs on another computer/server. So have no worries doing it as OS process - in fact, that would be LESS redundant.

A hint from my experience in using emcli in scripts: Be sure to to set the JAVA_HOME variable (to the correct java version directory) and put that one into the PATH as well before actually calling the emcli. Most of the errors I've seen and fixed had to do with those two environment variables.

Best regards,
Robert
http://robertvsoracle.blogspot.com