Re: Linux Native Multipath, ASM and Instance Failures

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:07:17 +0200

btw my asmlib scanorder is /dev/dm
I am asking the fdisk/kpartx question because I think if it is not done correctly multipath might now work, kpartx as far as I know is what provides devices maps for a multipath device, so if /dev/mapper/* points to 8 paths (seen by multipath -ll) with kpartx these paths info are given to multipath software therefore failover can occur otherwise only a single path can be seen (if kpartx is not run against the multipath device)

thanks