Re: Sustaining support question

From: Lu Jiang <lu.jiang69_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:52:43 -0700 (PDT)

Sustaining support does not provide fix for any new bug and no more new patches available. For some product you may get new cpu patches by paying extended support.

From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu> To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:39 AM
Subject: Sustaining support question

Hi All,

I had a quick question concerning sustaining support.  I have read the lifetime support policy and such, but one of the items that I am not exactly clear on is the level of technical support you receive while on sustaining support.

Can anyone provide a some clarification on what the impact of sustaining support is on technical support?  I pulled the following from the documentation

  • Sustaining support includes assistance with service requests, on a commercially reasonable basis, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
  • Sustaining support does not include 24 hour commitment and response guidelines for Severity 1 service requests as defined in the Severity Level section below

Do you still have the option to open Severity 1 service requests while on sustaining support?  What are the main differences from Premier support and Sustaining support in regards to technical support?  (I understand the bug fixes / CPU patch differences)

Thanks in advance