Re: EM 12c - open alerts

From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin_at_ymail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 11:18:57 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if anyone answered this one yet.... With the introduction of incidents and the incident manager, alerting has changed a bit in EM12c from previous versions.  Many times DBA's were "bitten" by closed alerts that weren't actually corrected and due to this, the area of incident management was rewritten, (at least that is how it was explained to me by some valuable resources at Oracle when I asked... :)) Even though I'm not positive on what choices you are using to report on, my first recommendation would be opening each of the alerts,(incidents) in the incident manager and then click on Manage --> Suppress.  You can then choose to suppress the alert/incident for a specified amount of time or until they are closed.  This should exclude them from your report.
Kellyn Pot'Vin
Senior Technical Consultant
Enkitec
DBAKevlar.com