Re: SQL Developer 3.1 and Monaco fonts

From: William Robertson <william_at_williamrobertson.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 11:43:24 +0100

Monaco specifically, or all monospaced fonts? Is this on Mac? By the technical term 'screw up', do you mean it fails to render text legibly compared to the same font in other applications, regardless of the antialiasing setting in the SQL Developer preferences (for example, rendering a bold lowercase 'm' as a solid rectangle)? If so, I'm afraid I have found this to be a general problem with SQL Developer, I suspect due to the difficulty its Java architecture has in accommodating runtime platforms with different font rendering systems.

On 21 Jul 2012, at 09:42, hrishy <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi'
Does anyone know why Sql developer 3.1 screw up Monaco fonts and any work around for this problem.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Jul 21 2012 - 05:43:24 CDT

Original text of this message