Re: Peoplesoft Question

From: Johan Muller <johan.muller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:38:50 -0500

This may or may not be the answer but it has a very interesting solution:

http://peoplesofttipster.com/2011/02/03/error-in-recruitment-build-applicant-search/

A quote from the article:

"Interesting, so I have a missing dll. Using Process Monitor (the SysInternals one, not PeopleSoft Process Monitor) I can see that it’s looking for the dll in ‘<ps_home>\verity\winx86\_nti40\bin\’.

Once I located a copy of the DLL and copied it there the HRS_SRCH_APP process ran fine and the directories were created for all languages.

So why is this file missing? I believe it’s an issue of Oracle assuming that Microsoft bundles it in Windows, and Microsoft no longer doing so. See this from Microsoft:

    The shared CRT DLL has been distributed by Microsoft in the past as a shared system component. This may cause problems when you run applications that are linked to a different version of the CRT on computers that do not have the correct versions of the CRT DLL installed. This is commonly referred to as the “DLL Conflict” problem.  To address this issue, the CRT DLL is no longer considered a system file, therefore, distribute the CRT DLL with any application that relies on it."

Hope it helps.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com> wrote:
> Quick question for any peoplesoft DBAs out there...
> I'm trying to help a client troubleshoot a peoplesoft issue. This is
> more of an app tier question... but I just thought maybe someone in this
> list has run across it or knows if there's already a peoplesoft patch or
> known fix.
>
> Process Scheduler Job HRS_SRCH_IDX (Building the Applicant Index Search)
> should be running in 2-4 hrs for us, but after upgrading to peoplesoft 9
> on oracle 11r2 it's running 20+ hrs before we kill it. The process
> seems to be spending 94% of its time parsing one specific SQL.
>
> During a 2.5 hour 10046 trace of the HRS_SRCH_IDX process...
> 1) 58,000 SQL statements were parsed in less than one microsecond each
> (probably "repeat" SQL w/bind vars)
> 2) 7,349 SQL statements were parsed in 1 to 10 centiseconds (probably
> unique SQL w/o bind vars)
> 3) One specific SQL executed 3,408 times and always took 2-3 seconds to
> parse
> 4) This SQL executes almost instantly, but the 3,408 parses account for
> 2hr16min out of the 2hr25min trace. In other words, parsing for this
> single SQL is the problem
> 5) This SQL is a simple select against the peoplesoft view
> PS_HRS_APPITM03_VW for a single HRS_PERSON_ID/HRS_PROFILE_SEQ and it
> does not use bind variables
> 6) I manually used "explain plan" to testing the parse time for this SQL
> on two different test systems. Results consistent with above findings.
>
> Anyone heard of a peoplesoft patch that changes this view definition or
> the SQL executed by this process? (Perhaps to use bind vars?) For
> obvious reasons I'm holding off on suggesting anything that involves
> cursor_sharing in case we can get a peoplesoft solution.
>
> -Jeremy
>
> P.S. props to mr trace for instantly turning an 80M tracefile into the
> stats mentioned above :)
>
> --
> Jeremy Schneider
> Chicago
>
> +1 312-725-9249
> http://www.ardentperf.com

Johan Muller
Oracle DBA
817 | 715 | 4813 or  817 | 247 | 0260 fax 817 | 523 | 4942
Text : 8177154813_at_tmomail.net