RE: EM 12c Agent Install - Windows

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:09:58 -0500 (CDT)

Jo writes:

> Where is the TZ time zone variable getting set ? An SSH "shell" is not the
> same as an interactive shell; for example IIRC .profile and /etc/bashrc
> don't get executed (though I believe /etc/profile does).

One way to see is to execute "env" on the ssh instead of echoing a single env var. Compare the output to a local login where those profiles are most likely called (see the INVOCATION heading in "man sh" in CygWin).

I don't believe TZ is set on Windows, which is where I believe CygWin gets it env vars from. At least it's not on my XP box here at work.

One other thing I'd recommend is to setup ssh authentication keys so that a password isn't required when ssh'ing to the remote box. Of course, this assumes the local account is secure.

Rich