Re: [QUARANTINE] Re: PL/SQL Development Tool Of Choice

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:03:43 -0700

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Lange, Kevin G <kevin.lange_at_ppoone.com>wrote:
> If its like the editor I use, EditPadPro, it just has syntax checker /
> highlighter. Does not actually have any connection to the database or
> the language, therefore no ability to run or debug code.

+1 for EditPadPro - been using it on windows for years

If working on linux/unix, which is frequently, I use vim (like vi, but better) and sqlplus.

I've developed a fair bit of SQL/PLSQL/bash/Perl scripting using this environment.

Not everyone likes it, which is fine, use what you are comfortable with.

I just happen to be comfortable with vi/sqlplus. :)

SQLDeveloper is also an excellent tool, though personally I use it for exploration, not too much for development.

Jared