Re: PL/SQL Development Tool Of Choice

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:07:13 +0100

Reply from a Toad Developer:

BEGIN I don't want to get into a big internet discussion. People are entitled to their opinions, and I am not likely going to change them.

I will tell you, as a rule, I only query what I need to, when I need to.   Never any more than needed, and I am constantly trying to look for ways to improve performance. For instance, in the Schema Browser, Tables tab, we don't query for partition information until the user clicks one of the "Partitions" tab on the RHS.

> , yet they've done little to make it a better product over the years

This statement just isn't fair. I've spent the last 11 years trying to make it a better product!

You have my permission to reprint that if you wish, but I'm not asking you to.

I'm including Mark because he may be interested in reading this, but I don't expect he'll reply to the list.

END Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar