Re: PL/SQL Development Tool Of Choice

From: Michael Moore <michaeljmoore_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:07:18 -0700

Quest has done little to make it a better product over the years? Seriously, wtf? I've been a TOAD beta tester for the last 5 years. They've added literally hundres of new features some pretty awesome some less so. Code folding, split screens, new formatter, unicode, 64bit, auto database reconnect, document recovery. Yeah, Toad is the swiss army knife but unlike a knife, if there are parts you don't use you can generally hide them. I've been coding PL/SQL for over 10 years, and I love how toad makes me at least twice as productive as I'd be without it. I don't work for Quest and am in no way associated with them.
Anyhow, I'm not doing much pl/sql these days, I've moved on to Salesforce development platform. see force.com

Mike