RE: [QUARANTINE] Re: PL/SQL Development Tool Of Choice

From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco_at_innout.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:14:49 +0000

Well I am a DBA that also does a lot of development.

From: alanbort_at_gmail.com [mailto:alanbort_at_gmail.com] On Behalf Of Guillermo Alan Bort Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:28 PM
To: michaeljmoore_at_gmail.com
Cc: Jeff Chirco; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: [QUARANTINE] Re: PL/SQL Development Tool Of Choice Importance: Low

I realize my needs probably differ from yours, as I'm not a developer, but a DBA. I use toad for most things except writing code. For that I have notepad++.

I've found that some of the plug ins and capabilities of notepad++ far outstrips TOAD... now I could only get a way to connect to the db for testing, it would be the perfect software.

To be honest, though. I tend to write most PL/SQL in notepad++ and put into the database through the object manager in APEX... which is the only thing I currently develop.

Cheers
Alan.-

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Michael Moore <michaeljmoore_at_gmail.com<mailto:michaeljmoore_at_gmail.com>> wrote: I use toad. It's highly configurable. Most performance problems can be address by changing some options. I would not want to code PL/SQL without toad. The only thing I would look out for with Toad is Windows 8 compatibility. If Windows 8 is not an issue for you and if you can afford Toad, I would definitely go with it.
Also the TOAD development is very accessible via yahoo groups.

toadbeta_at_yahoogroups.com<mailto:toadbeta_at_yahoogroups.com> is also very active and friendly.

Mike