PL/SQL Development Tool Of Choice

From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco_at_innout.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:35:27 +0000

This probably has been asked before but what is everybody's PL/SQL development tool they use? I currently use PL/SQL Developer by Allround Automations and I like. It is cheap, simple, and easy to use and does about everything I need. But there is a major bug (http://forums.allroundautomations.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&NumberB938#Post42938) with screen flashing with dual monitors that is driving me crazy and it appears the developer has now interest in fixing it. Toad
I have looked at Toad a little bit and I know that it is popular tool that does a lot but it seems like it is a little cumbersome. There is just so much going. Plus the price might be hard to get approval for. Yesterday I downloaded the freeware version of Toad and it is really slow, it takes like 8 seconds to bring up a package from the database for editing.

Rapid SQL by Embarcadero
I looked at this very briefly and I couldn't even figure out how to use it. If it is not intuitive to use then I'm out.

Everybody else chime in with their own reviews and or suggestions.

Thanks.