Re: New metalink

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:34:51 -0500 (CDT)

Wayne writes:

> The 1-hour timeout is an unnecessary hassle, but it doesn't lose your page,
> at least with Firefox v13. Just pick a tab, click OK on the timeout
> display and wait for the sign in screen. Sign in. Your page will return.
> For your other tabs, use the browser reload function to get back each tab.
> Often a second sign in isn't necessary and your page reappears.

I just forced a timeout so I could prove you wrong, but it looks like it's fixed! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Previously (prior to last weekend maybe?), once the OK confirmation on the Javascript timeout popup was clicked, I would get a page somewhat similar to a 404, but more cryptic. Since I can now recover my research MOS tabs, the timeout issue is MUCH less of a hassle to me. I give Oracle Support their due props for that fix!

Yong also mentioned my Check4Change workaround, which had broken with the HTML version of MOS prior to this past weekend. Perhaps I'll check to see if it works again, which I suspect it will since a browser refresh on my tabs also now works.

I needed this good news today.... :) Thanks!

Rich