How to schedule backups

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 16:23:41 -0300

Hi,
  We need to schedule a few database backups as well as archivelog backups. We've been doing that with cron scripts, but since we're moving to RAC I fear that the cron scripts won't cut it.

  I've suggested using OEM 12c to do schedule the backups, but some of my team have had some very bad experiences with OEM10g and 11g scheduler.

  So, I'm wondering what everbody is using to schedule backups and if anyone is using OEM12c, if they are happy with the solution.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers
Alan.-