Re: Adoption of kernel UEK or UEK2

From: Matthew Zito <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 11:18:40 -0400

OracleVM is a non-starter at this point in the enterprise, as VMware owns the hypervisor world. I don't know any large companies that are running it in production - I have seen 1 or 2 in Europe that are running Xen (which OracleVM is based on), but they're running the Citrix version.

However, I do know a bunch of places that are running OEL for their database boxes, partially for cost, partially for supportability reasons.