Re: udev VS oracleasm disk aliasing - preferences?

From: goran bogdanovic <goran00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:28:53 +0200

well, ASMLib is not that bad :-) ... it is an additional layer, but was (at least me) serving well for a long years. Issues with ASMLib itself? ... not at all ... did you had some?

This Oracle announcement will definitely force anyone using RH to move to udev ...

Software Update Policy for ASMLib running on future releases of Red Hat Enterprise LinuxRed Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (RHEL6)

For RHEL6 or Oracle Linux 6, Oracle will only provide ASMLib software and updates when configured Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK)<http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/linux/uek-for-linux-177034.pdf>. Oracle will not provide ASMLib packages for kernels distributed by Red Hat as part of RHEL 6 or the Red Hat compatible kernel in Oracle Linux 6. ASMLib updates will be delivered via Unbreakable Linux Network(ULN<https://linux.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=101:3>) which is available to customers with Oracle Linux support. ULN works with both Oracle Linux or Red Hat Linux installations, but ASMlib usage will require replacing any Red Hat kernel with UEK