Re: udev VS oracleasm disk aliasing - preferences?

From: Matthew Zito <matt_at_crackpotideas.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 11:27:02 -0400

I would say since Oracle is only supporting ASMlib on RHEL6 when you use the OEL6 kernel, that's the first sign that Oracle plans to sunset ASMlib over time. There's still years of support, I'm sure, but you might just go ahead and start planning to use udev, as that's probably the future direction for this aspect of the infrastructure.

Matt