Oy Vey - Grid Infrastructure Installation got me - twice...

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 15:31:24 -0500

1.) Mounted the Media on RAC1 using: mount -t vboxsf -o umaskuid 1100=oracle
gid 1200= dba
PROBLEM: dba is secondary group and not primary - so when runInstaller creates the files for verification on each node, the files are created as ORACLE:DBA on node1, and ORACLE:OINSTALL on node2 causing the node verification to FAIL.

LESSON: don't mount media as secondary group, or only specifiy UID perhaps and leave off GID entirely.

2.) When Oracle installer asks for location of downloaded updates, it doesn't *really* want 'the' location of the downloaded updates, it wants the top most level which in this case is typically /home/oracle, instead of say /home/oracle/LatestUpdates, or say /home/oracle/LatestUpdates/shiphome.

Heh - and forward we go...

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort." -- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its employees.