Oracle yum repository - oddities

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 13:21:29 -0500

I'm surprised the Oracle yum repository doesn't have all the latest rpms you would need to install RAC - it has all the OS specific files [of course] and it has a lot of the Oracle developed stuff like OCFS, oracleasm, and others. Yet, it doesn't have the cluster verification utility or the preinstall rpms (which are on OSS.oracle.com).

I'm assuming you can't add oss.oracle.com to the list of repositories?

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort." -- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its employees.