Re: Alternatives to OEM Diagnostic/Tuning Packs

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:41:35 -0700

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:33 PM, D Kenl <dkenlwork_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> * Embarcadero DB Performance Center XE (with DB Optimizer)

I have experience with this product, and it is very good.

The tuning interface is excellent, as it allows easy drill down on SQL.

It is also *much* less expensive than the tuning and diagnostic packs.

At a previous employer the oracle packs were 100k plus maintenance.

The deal I got at the time for DB Optimizer was about 40x less. plus maintenance.
It was a license for all of our databases, and one user (me).

Pricing may have changed since then, but it was an excellent tool. I have not seen the later versions, so one hopes the quality is still there.

Jared