Please, someone jog my memory for me while I search ...MS Reporting svcs + Multi-Selects

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:29:38 -0500

I have a developer creating a report in Microsoft Reporting Services that calls a pl/sql procedure. This report uses a multi-select option into a variable and he passes the variable to the procedure such as:

(pseudo query)

SELECT T.col1, T.col2
FROM some_table T
WHERE INSTR (P_BOATNAME, T.BOATNAME) > 0 /

The P_BOATNAME variable comes into Oracle as 'BOAT1, BOAT2, BOAT3' and breaks an IN statement as such.

The INSTR is annoying as it applies a function to the COLUMN and I would prefer to remove it to take advantage of an available index.

I know there is a way to pass a list of multiselect columns into a procedure as an IN statement but I can't for the life of me seem to find it.

Thanks!

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort." -- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its employees.