Re: Oracle 11gR2 & HACMP

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 15:18:01 +0800

Hi Manjula,
1. What is the objective of having an ADG environment? 2. what is the engineering folks rationale of having all databases (primary + adg) available on a clustered file system?. engineers could be right if they want to host the data files on SAN so that in future they could mount the data files on different server but why would they need clustered file system?.
3. If the idea of having HACMP is only failover then you are possibly better of using DG broker on a 3rd machine to instantiate the ADG as primary.

 Best Regards

sriram kumar