7 MB per sec control file read in IOStat by Filetype summary---What could it be?

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:35:20 +0800

Hi all,
we have a non RAC 11.2.0.3 on RHEL x86-64 with ADG with Maximum Availability Mode.

I was looking through one of the AWR reports and I see that the IOstat by file type summary seems to be showing 24 GB read for control file (1 hour awr snapshot ~ 7MB per sec) when there was no activity on the database. There is no issue i am investigating but just curios to know if this is an expected behavior?.

i am planning to monitor the io stat performed on the O.S level on the control file device to check it is really the case or is it an AWR issue.

have any one seen this in your environments?

best regards

sriram kumar